Attorney Daniel J. Siegel, Esquire, of the Law Offices of Daniel J. Siegel, LLC and Integrated Technology Services, LLC, is presenting a webinar, “In the Cloud: How to Preserve Confidentiality,” on Monday, February 24, 2014 from 12 noon to 1 p.m. The program is sponsored by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute.
The webinar will address issues that impact many attorneys, especially those who operate solo or small firms. After all, whether it’s your email, Dropbox, or some other method, you are probably using the cloud to store client information. But how safe and secure is the cloud? Are you doing enough?
Remember, Big Brother is reading your email. He’s sharing it with business associates. And these guys don’t care about confidentiality. Hear from attorney Daniel J. Siegel, Esq., as he explores the ramifications of email and cloud privacy on attorney-client interactions.
Review your ethical obligations to your client
- Follow the evolution of ethics opinions
- Review the Rules of Professional Conduct governing client confidentiality
- Learn how to warn your client of the risks involved with email
Beware the dangers of unprotected email
- Get familiar with terms of usage for Gmail, AOL, the iPhone and other public providers
- Spot where and how providers can breach confidentiality
- Identify risks that exist even for firms with their own domains