Ethical Issues for Lawyers & Firms When Lawyers Depart
This seminar will deal with the ethical, legal, and fiduciary dilemmas that lawyers (and firms) face when a lawyer has decided to leave the firm, including:
- Can lawyers take clients with them?
- If so, what are the Pennsylvania Rules of Professional Conduct that apply?
- What can and should law firms do to protect their business interests?
Key topics to be discussed in this one-hour ethics CLE:
- When lawyers want to take clients to the new firm
- Conflicts of interest
- Fiduciary concerns
- Business concerns
- Technological concerns
- Duties the departing lawyer owes to the firm
- Duties a departing lawyer owes to a client