What If My Employer Tries to Stop My Workers’ Compensation Benefits – By Filing A Petition Or Just Cutting Off My Checks?

If your employer files a Petition for Termination of Benefits, a Petition to Suspend Benefits, a Notice Stopping Payment of Benefits Under a Notice of Temporary Compensation Payable or a Petition to Modify Benefits, you need to seek the advice of a lawyer to defend against the Petition. If you do not have a lawyer, you will be at a disadvantage against the experienced lawyers representing your employer and its insurance company. Also, if you receive a Notice of Suspension or any other document you are unsure about, call a lawyer immediately.

It is generally against the law for an employer/insurance to unilaterally cut-off/stop paying you workers’ compensation benefits. If that happens, call a lawyer as soon as possible.

If you would like to speak with an attorney about your workers’ compensation claim, call (610) 446-3457, send an email, or fill out the form below, and we will respond promptly. All workers’ compensation matters are handled on a contingent fee basis, which means that you never pay a fee unless we get you benefits or successfully prevent your employer from stopping your benefits.