Why Pennsylvanians Need to Buy More Medical Coverage in Their Automobile Insurance Policies
Pennsylvanians should purchase more than the minimum $5,000 medical coverage in their auto insurance policies for several important reasons:
- When you buy auto insurance, you buy medical coverage to pay for your medical bills. Most people buy the minimum, yet if you are seriously hurt, or even just need a few tests, you may use up/exhaust your medical coverage quickly. Then, you have to pay the bills, typically from your private health insurance. Unlike auto policies, private health coverage has copays and deductibles that add up quickly. The more auto medical coverage you have, the less chance you have of ever having to use your private health insurance.
- In this podcast, attorney Daniel J. Siegel explains why he recommends that his clients purchase $100,000 in medical coverage. And $100,000 in medical coverage usually does not cost much more than the minimum coverage, but it will give you tremendous peace of mind.
- Pennsylvania has a no-fault type of auto insurance system with limited medical coverage. This means that in the event of an accident, your medical expenses may not be fully covered. Increasing your medical coverage can help ensure that you have adequate financial protection for medical bills, rehabilitation, and other related expenses.
- Medical expenses can be substantial, no matter how serious your injuries are. MRIs, CAT Scans, and other tests are expensive. Even the copays for physical therapy add up quickly. By purchasing more medical coverage, you can reduce the out-of-pocket costs you have to pay for hospital stays, surgeries, doctor visits, ongoing medical treatments, and therapy.
- Accidents can happen unexpectedly, and having comprehensive medical coverage in your auto insurance policy provides peace of mind knowing that you and your loved ones will be taken care of in the event of an accident.
In summary, this podcast explains why purchasing more medical coverage in your auto insurance policy in Pennsylvania is a prudent choice to protect yourself and your loved ones from the potential financial hardships associated with auto accidents. It provides a safety net for covering medical expenses, especially in cases of severe injuries, and offers peace of mind while driving on the roads.
Listen to experienced automobile accident attorney Daniel J. Siegel explain the reasons why you should evaluate your auto insurance policy today. Or visit our Auto Insurance Buying Guide at danieljsiegel.com.