Social Security Disability – What Are The Most Common Causes of Disability?
Published on: April 28, 2023
Our office handles numerous Social Security Disability and SSI benefits claims. We always were aware that the majority of clients seeking benefits had neck, back and joint problems that caused their disabilities. Now we know for sure.
According to the Social Security Administration, the five leading diagnostic groups (the categories of conditions for which clients receive SSD benefits) are:
- 30.1 % – Musculoskeletal system & connective tissue
- 12.1% – Depression, bipolar disorder, & related disorders
- 10.0% – Diseases of the nervous system & sense organs
- 8.9% – Intellectual disorders
- 6.8% – Circulatory system disease
Plus, over 7.5 million individuals receive Social Security disability benefits. If you believe that you have a Social Security Disability claim, give us a call at (610) 446-3457 or click here to send an email.